Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Kennebunkport Here We Come~

The bags were packed, the car stuffed and Tucker fed and off we headed to spend 2 glorious weeks with Mimi and Grandpa Smith. Since Tucker had been sleeping through the night we decided to leave close to his bedtime and drive straight through the night (10 hrs) with the final destination Kennebunkport,ME. Yes, the trip was taxing but Tucker was a rock star and slept virtually the entire way.

Needless to say, I was in heaven. My summer was made when all in one day, after I took Tucker for a dip in the pool, I was on the porch looking out on the ocean, wearing a fleece (yes the temperature drops in the evening), drinking a beer, and laughing with family as Tucker rocked away in his chair. I could not have asked for a more perfect moment. Later in the week we ate lobster (one of the ones that Tucker was sitting next to in his photo) and fresh corn on the cobb!!

Unfortunately Brandon was not with us for the entire 2 weeks as he had a business trip. It was unfortunate for several reasons, the most obvious because he was away but also because the weather was spectacular the first week. The second week, the clouds rolled in and we had some rain. It still did not deter us from going to Freeport (LL Bean baby), Nubble Lighthouse, and Perkins Cove/Marginal Way. We were also around to view what looks to be President Bush's last visit to Kennebunkport as a sitting President. No more traffic checks, oozy men, massive Coast Guard boats, and protesters. It has been pretty cool to witness being up there while the President is in town but like most residents, I am happy to see town return to normal. For such a small area, things get a bit chaotic. For Tucker, he got to experience the roaring of the Motorcade and even poo pooed the protesters who were in town.

I am already looking forward to next summer when Tucker is older and can really enjoy being in Maine. We can take him to the beach, go in the ocean, go out on the boat, and even maybe taste his first Lobster (I have not consulted with the food books on that yet). Hopefully we will also be able to see more friends. I realized my hopes of seeing tons of people were too unrealistic with a 5 month baby.

I can't forget this moment, it was truly the "line" of the vacation. Brandon, Tucker and I were out to breakfast with Sarah and her husband Scott. We were led to a table by a nice younger man and upon arriving at the table asked for a high chair so we could turn it upside down and put Tucker's infant carrier on it. So we get it but before leaving the table the young man asked, "do you want a kids menu?" This young lad definitely did not realize that a baby, who was sitting in an infant car seat, was not going to be up to the task of eating a kids side portion of homemade pancakes!


KPT 2008


Nubble 2008

No comments: