Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tucker - 6 Months

We have reached the 6 month mark and each day is even more amazing than the last. Tucker is truly at a fun point where it is hard to just put him down and let him play by himself. I want to join in, especially when he is laughing and inching his way around the floor. I feel so lucky to be experiencing all of the great moments with him. Baby proofing has begun! I actually can't wait until he is moving around a bit more on his own. I see the frustration on his face when he wants to get places and wants to check things out but physically can't get there.

I guess the big milestone that we are embarking on is the introduction of solid foods. He has been eating rice cereal for about a month, but now we are introducing fruits and veggies. He started off with Prunes and loved them. Now we are trying avocado. Thus far things are going well. I am not too experienced to know how messy or not messy babies are with solids but in my opinion, and to my pleasure, Tucker is not a messy eater thus far. We have our moments when he decides to start laughing and thus the food in his mouth gets all over his bib or he sticks his fist in his mouth but other than that, things are tame.

Tucker has also been a great traveler. From driving to Maine to just sitting in his stroller, he really likes motion. I guess that explains why he does not sit still too long and is very happy to be in our arms sometimes just moving around the house. This makes going places very easy for us and makes my morning walks with a group of friends much more enjoyable. Sometimes he falls asleep other times he is just happy to be chewing on a toy while taking everything in.

Since these blog updates will eventually be part of Tucker's first book, I need to take a motherly moment and say that Tucker adds so much joy to my life. I cherish the moments that I have with him as well as the moments that I have with him and Brandon. I never realized the power and impact of these feelings until I had him and each day I feel so fortunate. These feelings have also helped me appreciate more my parents and the love that they have for my brother and I and the opportunities that they provided us as kids. I know that Brandon feels the same way with regards to his own childhood and realizations. Also, I never understood why they would be concerned and worried about things that we were doing and now, I get it! So thank you to our parents for the love and Tucker will always know how much we love him as we will always know how much you have loved and continue to love us. We can't wait to keep sharing our joys with you.


1 comment:

Ruth said...

Parenthood really does make us appreciate our parents, doesn't it? Happy 6 months, Tucker!!! Have fun getting your move on!