Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day - Tucker's First Day in the Snow - Brrrr

This is the day that I have been looking forward to all winter, Tucker's first day in the snow. Well it was actually my first day in the snow as well. I had fun shoveling and maybe shedding a few pounds. But back to Tucker.

As I was pulling all of his gear out, I kept getting worried looks from Tucker. The only way I could get his fleece pants on was if I was wearing my hat with a ball on it. This provided a great distraction! Also, since I never bought him boots this year I had to put baggies over his Robeez and this created a little concern but it worked out well.

I wanted to introduce Tucker to the snow slowly. So I put him in his stroller for a bit while I shoveled and then, after he looked like he was ready for some real snow, I put him on the ground. He did not really know what to do but after a few seconds he did what he usually does with something new, tastes it. I wish I had captured his reaction because it was one of total "what is this cold stuff!"

Unfortunately Brandon missed the first outing so after Tucker's afternoon nap, we dragged him back outside so Brandon could have some Tucker snow time. This time we pulled out a baby sled and towed Tucker around the back yard and even sent him down the little hill. He seemed to have a good time. I think that we had a better time. We can't wait for our next snowfall and soon, before we know it, he will be skiing!!!

1 comment:

The Phillips Family said...

Looks like so much fun. I remember Ethan first real snowstorm where he could understand what it was. It was right before we moved and he was 17 months, he loved it. He still asks when we can go back and play more. We might take a trip home next winter so he can play in it, hard to believe he will grow up not knowing what the white stuff is!! Cali kid!