Month 3, poor Hadley just gets schlepped around these days. I remember with Tucker I was so cognizant of his napping (well he never napped) but at least trying to get him on a schedule. With her, I feel like her baby needs are thrown out the window to make way for our/Tucker needs. Again, I will make it up to her.
Hadley took 2 big trips during her 3rd month. The first was a family trip to Duck, NC, aka OBX. Brandon’s parents rented a house on the water for a week so all of us packed up and spent a blistering hot week at the beach. Hadley was such a trooper!!! Tucker had a blast. Not only did he get to play with his cousins, but he also got to play with a puppy! For Brandon and me, that meant at least 3 people to keep him occupied/entertained and for us to take a semi break. One of the highlights, if not the highlight for me, was date night with Brandon. Ah...we didn't know what to do with our selves. We were both so used to rushing through dinner, we I am at least, that I did not know how to just chill. Well another beer helped that!!
On the beach he had fun but unfortunately there was not much of a beach beach for Tucker to really play on and explore. Personally, I am used to a low tide and a high tide and with that, when the tide is out, a vast amount of beach to play on...tidal pools and the such. Nonetheless, he was busy being the dismantler and climbing on sandcastles and falling into sand tunnels that Kate, Will and Brandon created. Fortunately they were all good sports and let Tucker be Tucker. Meanwhile, Hadley chilled inside or, on a few occasions, in her tent on the beach.
Immediately after OBX, Hadley and I flew up to Maine so I could play in the member guest golf tournament with my mom. Usually I fly up alone but this time I we braved the trip together (the beginning of mother/daughter trips?). She was wonderful. Not only did she do an amazing job flying but she also was a rock star shopping (a girl after my own heart). It was nice to have a little mother/daughter bonding time with her just like it was nice to have some mother/daughter bonding time with my mom on the golf course. While I did not hit the ball well my mom and our playing partners, Delta and Karen Fuller, stole the show. So much so, we came in 5th!
Constantly I have to remind myself not to compare Tucker and Hadley but I have to admit, thus far, she seems far more alert and more coordinated than he was at this point. It might have something to do with the fact that she does not cry all the time and with that, she seems to be more calm. She is already grabbing things (probably unintentional) and I give her a couple of weeks before she rolls over. She seems so close if it were not for her arm. When I put her on her stomach she has amazing neck and back strength and she really likes to stand. HIGHLIGHT....News reel, a couple months into her forth month, she rolled over!! More to come!!
Tucker continues to enjoy camp even though it is somewhat of a struggle to get him in the door in the mornings. Brandon says that Tucker won't let go but after some coaxing he is off playing with a toy. His teachers say that he is doing really well and is no problem. I think the highlight of each day is when they go out and play in the water. He is always trying to recreate a water splash for me. Very cute.
See links for random home pictures and OBX pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment