I really can't believe how fast time is flying! Everyday Tucker is into something new and different. For instance:
a) he likes to get himself into corners and usually that is because he sees a cord and thinks that it is another Tucker toy.
b) he likes to bat balls around with his hands and then go after them. Sort of like watching a dog fetch a bone but here Tucker keeps batting the balls and they keep on going.
c) he is sitting up tall and unsupported now. This really only started to happen about a week ago.
d) he LOVES for us hold/ support him while he is standing. Sometimes he tries to take steps, other times it is just the sheer joy of seeing things from a new vantage point.
The cruel joke that is played on parents is when they have just gotten used to sleeping through the night, the baby decides to start waking up in the middle of the night again. I only mention this because indeed, it has happened to us. As such, there is a lot to think about while trying to get Tucker back to sleep. While rocking in the chair the other night it occurred to me that no matter how tired I was, I was not upset that I was up trying to get Tucker back to bed. I actually enjoyed the quiet moment with him wrapped in my arms, head nestled against my neck and at that moment I realized how fast he is growing up. Months ago he would just fall asleep in my arms and now it is like he is saying "mom, no way, I am a big boy I want to play around." I guess that is the part of me accepting that he is growing up and that I have to let him explore on his own, wiggle woo out of my arms and onto the floor. I have not even made it to his first birthday and these things are already hitting me.
The other thing that popped into my head was that I do not know what I would do if something ever happened to my little baby. Sad thought but one that came out in the moment of tender love and just wondering if I rocked a little harder, hummed a little louder, would Tucker fall back asleep sooner or should I just cherish this moment and hold on tighter and a little longer because you just never know. I opted for the later and in those silent moments I put my head back and held on a little longer, not wanting the moment to end. Fortunately he fell back asleep and has been very good about sleeping through the night again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WOW can I identify with all of those thoughts. I just teared up! A beautiful post, and what a cutie your little man is!
Thanks Ruth. No tears though...or tears of happiness!!!
Such sweet words about your little boy. I totally emphasize and it truly goes too fast and before you know it your "baby" is so independent, off at preschool, telling you what to do and riding like a maniac on their scooter! Yet,Ethan still has his mommy moments that I cherish and we cuddle, not in the same way but in a way that I know that he loves me more than anything (Or so I hope, yet there are times already that he tells me that I can't give him a kiss..what is up with that, he's onl 3!!) I too have had those what if thoughts about if anything happened to either of my boys, life is so precious, something we learned the hard way when we lost our girls. I just try and cherish each and everyday and live in the moment. The only way to replace those baby moments is to have another one:) I am getting to go through it all again with Eli and it is just as wonderful the second time around.You are such a great mom and Tucker is so lucky.
Post a Comment